Monday, May 18, 2009

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Session 2
John was checking his email one day when he saw this particular email sent by someone he knew. The subject of the email sounded urgent, so instead of deleting it, John clicked to read it.

Subject: 81 feared dead from swine flu in Mexico

I sent this email to you with a very heavy heart. I’m sure you have heard of the recent swine flu outbreak. Novel influenza A (H1N1) is a new flu virus of swine origin that was first detected in April, 2009. The virus is infecting people and is spreading from person-to-person, and has sparked a growing outbreak of illness in the United States with an increasing number of cases being reported internationally as well. To date, this virus has killed a few hundred people worldwide, and is still increasing.

Recently, on Tuesday, 12 May, Thailand (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/428657/1/.html) confirmed its first two cases of Influenza A (H1N1) in people who had travelled to Mexico, becoming the only Southeast Asian nation hit by the virus so far. But who is to say it won’t spread over to Malaysia or even Singapore?

I’ve attached a file on how to protect yourself during this period of outbreak. I sincerely urge you to take a look at it, so that you can take preventive measures. You are not only protecting yourself, but also the people around you.

My cousin, who lives in Mexico, introduced me to a type of medicine that is said to work effectively. I’ve also given you the link in the file attachment. I strongly encourage you to purchase the medicine, as I have also purchased it myself.

Yours sincerely,
Max Wilkertin

John clicked on the link to check if what the email is saying is accurate, and found that it is true.
Now, what should John do? Should he open the file attachment? Should he buy the medicine?



ANS:em... if i were him i wouldn't

No comments:

Post a Comment